Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's week 4 and the first day of preschool!



Today was Kennedy's 2nd day of preschool. Gary took Monday off to take her because I had class all day. Today I didn't have class until 6pm so it was my first day bringing her. She is in the morning group so I got her an Reid ready and we were on our way at 8:15AM. I was doing okay because Gary told me she was great the day before, she actually told him he had to leave so she could go play. So I was thinking it would be no big deal...Until she hugged me and whispered in my ear, "mom can you just come into my class with me for a little bit?" Ugh! I felt my hear break a little bit. I have been used to dropping her off at day care for the last 4 years, but it is so much easier when you know the person you are leaving your daughter with. Here, I am trusting a woman I don't even know, to watch after her, take her to the bathroom and make sure she is okay. I know it will get easier. She is already very excited for tomorrow, and told me that "preschool is so easy mom!"


Reid also likes preschool. They have this rocker in the hallway that I have to pick him off of kicking and screaming. Then I get to hear him ask where Kennedy is for the next 3 hours. He misses her so much!



Here is Reid doing his tricks on the 4 wheeler. I have a bad feeling we will have some broken bones in the future!





This is a picture of the soldered necklace I made recently. I got this really fun solder kit at a scrapbook convention earlier this year and have been trying to squeeze in time to play with it. I cut up tiny pieces of scrapbook paper to make the flower and pressed it between 2 small pieces of glass. Then soldered around it. I have also been having fun with some new beading, so I made the charm hanging from it too. Lots of fun, wish I had more time for it though.



Weigh In...So I am going to switch my weigh in day to Tuesday next week because I have class all day every Monday so Tuesdays will be much easier. I weighed in yesterday and I lost 1.8 pounds...so that's a total of 10.6 pounds! Very happy about this, and hoping I can lose another 10 next month!

2 comments:

Life is Love said...

I KNEW she would do awesome in school. Quite the little sponge! They are getting so big. Great job on the weight loss. Keep it up.

Shelly said...

what a big girl and a very beautiful one at that.. congrats on the weight loss..