Monday, August 18, 2008

I made it...

Gary got home last night and we were all so glad to see him. Reid finally stopped asking where dad was and had someone to wrestle with for a while before bed. Gary had a great time up north and was not looking forward to work this morning. That's the worst thing about a vacation, you spend most of it dreading the return to work.
The yard sale Saturday went really well, we made quite a bit of money that we are using for the kids fall/winter clothes and shoes. Kennedy starts preschool in September and she definitely needs some special things!
Okay, so this morning was weigh-in day. I made it though my first week on Nutrisystem and I am down 5.6 pounds. Whoohoo! On a normal week I probably would have gained a pound so this is great for me! I am very happy with the program so far. Not all of the food is good though, in fact some of it is kind of strange. For example, the meat inside of the chicken breast looks more like hot dog meat than actual chicken and I am dreading the split pea soup that I accidentally ordered this month. I am actually pretty proud of myself that I made it the entire week without cheating. Last night was the hardest. When Gary got home, I wanted so badly to go for a drive with him and the kids and get ice cream. That would be typical for us. Hopefully every week will get easier and easier.

1 comments:

Life is Love said...

That is amazing in one week! Good job. Tell the kids I said hi and miss them.