Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weighing In

Okay, I know I haven't been on here in a while. It's been a busy and fast summer and I can't believe it's almost time to go back to school.
So what's new this week? Well Gary is up north staying at a cabin with a bunch of guys until Sunday night and I am holding down the fort. I can't believe how much I miss him. I guess we are just not apart very often and I can say I definitely take that for granted. He does so much more than I ever realized around here. My car is in the shop, (the windows are acting funny and it's draining the battery) So sometime today I get to drive to Grand Haven and switch it with the loaner car they gave us, not a big deal, but it's something that normally I never have to think about because Gary takes care of it. I also have to remember to take the garbage out to the street tonight, and the lawn really could use a mow, again all no big deal, but usually Gary's "jobs". I am also trying to get all of the boxes I need to go through in the garage, in preparation for my mother-in-laws yard sale on Saturday. It's a pain in the butt going through this stuff when the kiddos want to "help". If Gary were here he would be doing all the box-movin. He deserves this mini-vacation though. He has been working so hard since I have gone full-time at school. I just miss him a ton!
It's no secret that I am less than happy with my weight lately. I am just at that point that I have to do something and what I have been doing just isn't cutting it. I have been contemplating putting this in my blog..but I think it will help me in the long run. Sooo, I started Nutrisystem this week. I spent some time researching it and read a lot of inspiring stories of people that have had success. Donna Downey is one of them. She is an awesome artist and scrapbooker and has been on Nutrisystem for about 7 months. She lost an incredible amount of weight and looks amazing. Here is the link to her blog with her before and after pics, in case you are curious. http://donnadowney.typepad.com/simply_me/page/2/. So anyway I decided to blog about this weight loss journey I am taking. Hopefully it will keep me a little accountable and help me to stay inspired and motivated. My first weigh in will be on Monday, lets hope I survive till then!

2 comments:

Life is Love said...

Yeah Rachael! I am totally rooting for you! I would love to see you achieve your goal. When I get some extra money, I had been thinking about the same thing. So you will be my "guinea pig" Good luck and I am so glad you updated. See ya next week.

jennie said...

Love the new layout. Also I can tell you took an english class because your writing flows so nicely! You should see if someone on the message board wants to trade your splitpea soup for some meatloaf or something!