Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's so good to be home

I had one of those days where you just can't wait to be home. I took today off of work because I had 2 exams starting at 4pm. I have been studying at the college since 9:00 this morning and I just feel drained. The kids are at my mother-in-laws house with Gary and I am just enjoying the quiet house before they burst in the door.





But Mom....



This morning I walk into Kennedy's room to help her tie her shoes and I notice something on her bed. It looks like writing in bright pink pen. I am instantly angry! So I asked her, " What is this, Who did this?" She of course has no idea. So I look a little closer and realize it says kennedy, with a few lines scratching it out. I am super mad by now and she is crying and saying sorry over and over and then she says, " but Mom, Dad gave me a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast!" That girl is sneaky. She was hoping I would forget about her scribbles on the bed and focus my anger at Gary for giving her a cookie for breakfast! I told her next time she wanted to try to lie about writing on her bed she shouldn't sign it with her name. She has so much to learn! (by the way Gary is definately not off the hook for the cookie thing either!)

1 comments:

jennie said...

Mercy! That girl of yours....I love her! She's a born artist!(con-artist)