Sunday, December 9, 2007



Gary and I went grocery shopping with the kids this afternoon. When we were walking back to our truck I noticed how close the car parked right next to us. I was instantly mad. I couldn't even squeeze through myself let alone open the door to load the kids in their car seats. So I started complaining about how rude it was to do that to someone when the passenger window rolled down and a woman began apologizing to us. I could see that she was really embarrassed. She said I am so sorry, my husband did this. I told her, I know I have one of those too! ( he was in the store, she stayed in the car probably because she couldn't get her door open!) So I grabbed the kids while Gary backed the truck up so we could open our door. Truth is I know Gary has probably put me in a situation like that a million times so I know exactly how she felt. And I know her husband probably got an earful when he got back too.





Tonight I have been thinking a lot about Reid. It was close to this time last year that we had to spend a week at Devos Childrens Hospital because he had RSV. I have never been so scared in my whole life. I will never forget following the ambulance to Grand Rapids thinking I was going to loose him. He is such a tough little man though. I remember spending a week sleeping on the hospital floor. The nurses loaded us up with pillows to try to make it more comfortable. It didn't matter how uncomfortable we were though, we would have taken the whole hospitals pain and discomfort if it meant that Reid was going to be okay. I never actually slept that week, I couldn't. The nurses would make me go to the cafeteria to eat something, I never wanted to leave him. Now when I think about what we went through I can hardly beleive it. I can't beleive how fast a year can go. It has made me apreciate every minute with my kids. You never think anything is going to happen to you or your family, but it can so you have to make sure you never have any regrets. I want my kids to always know how much they are loved.




Reid Carver 1 year old

2 comments:

jennie said...

It is so funny to me how he still looks almost exactly the same!And also that in the old pictures he doesn't even look sick. But he WAS so sick.Amazing what difference a year makes.

Shelly said...

I remember when Tyler was 3 months old and he had RSV it was very scarey he did not have to be hospitalized so I cannot even imagine , but I do remember rushing him to ER a few times because he sounded terrible.